Sunday, November 23, 2014

..geT it togeTHer

....SomeTHING to snack on...


Our spiritual leader said something along the lines of how we treat strangers with respect by saying, things like excuse me, or letting them go in front of us when in line at stores or traffic and even say hello and spark a friendly convo with them...

...why don't we show our own family members this same respect????

You can not tell me that you never had a bad mood/moment when you snapped at your children, parents, spouse or siblings and if you think I'd believe you; reality is real and lies are fiction!

I noticed I tend to snap at my family and apologize over a million times and explain how its had nothing to do with them and it sucks because the damage is done, even if they do forgive you.

I mention this because no one should get treated better than your family. I don't care if they're criminals or church board  members.

Your family is the one who accepts you when you make the dumbest moves/ decisions that embarrass everybody with your DNA, and may have distanced themselves but didn't turn their backs.

" its just a faze, they'll be alright..."

Family also can't stand you, love and gossips about you to your face and behind your back but yet, they still claim you.

I understand that some of you have those family members that say how much they cut you off and how your not even considered their people, but that doesn't mean you have to be the same way.

It sounds dumb only to the immature and smart to the "real grown folks"!

I wanted to kick my own ass when I saw my baby's big brown eyes hold back tears as I yelled at her for just being a little girl, you get me?

Let me walk in the store and..." I'm sorry, am I in your way,...Your daughter/son is beautiful, how old is he/she,..is that all you have, you can go ahead..."

NOW, FLIP IT...

"If you don't back up off me,...Don't you think he/she's too big to be riding in a stroller with a bottle,..is that all you have, your gonna have to wait a long time cuz I got this cart full and you gotta let my daughter by with the other one."

Little do we realize, this is stuff we would and have said or done, in general, and do it because we're comfortable with them, and take advantage as if its normal to act how we want towards our people. It doesn't sound like something that you or I would take lightly if a stranger came up to us and spoke to us that way...like Madea said, "call the po' po"!

WE got to get a grip on how we treat our family members or at least correct ourselves when there's no good reason to act stank towards them. My baby had nothing to do with my bad day and I snapped at her until I realized what I was doing. I sound like a straight monster and if I was walking by a house and heard all of that, I'd thing an adult was being yelled at. I'm wrong for that. I love my baby so much and the last thing I want to do is make her feel like she's not worth my love.

Just like a pet greets you at the door, the babies do too. They are the welcome wagon to the end of a hard days work. It would be awkward if they never came up to the door and you had no one to tackle you with hugs and smiles. I expect it, and I'd miss it if it stopped.

Just like a pet sensing something wrong, the babies huddle around and "sniff" you out, out of concern and try to find ways to make you feel better. And just like a pet, if you yell and scream at them, they will eventually go away sad or sometimes even hide.

I don't know, I'm not a psychiatrist, I just analyze myself and shared...

Do what you want and be conscience of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment