Monday, November 3, 2014

....HIghs and BeLows

The growing scream hurts my head,

Between walls of pressure,

Bursting with rage, unleashed, relief,

From the thing called stress,

Or test of time,

This time, will I pass, again or fail and have to

Repeat same things in,

New ways more challenging than the last,

Want to blast out of this cycle of misery,

Constantly pressure building as I,

Grit my teeth and smile menacingly at the,

Sideline cheerleaders, fear-leaders,

Egging me on, this journey which only my,

Hopes eye is wide open,

Hoping that I,

Don't lose all that I put in, don't want to start over,

Again,

Time runnin' out,

Sand fillin' the bottom of that glass known for its hour,

Squeezed through its narrow neck,

Choking on butterflies,

F*ckin' with my stomach

Wishin someone else was wearin' my shoes,

Boo hoo, tears make the woman grow stronger,

Live longer and conquer this,

Challenge of life called stress,

I mean, stress called life,

I meant life's challenge that's,

Stess-full but not bad like ones before,

Happy to close those doors and,

Hold my breath when the next one is,

Opened...

Like running a race barefoot on stones,

Being chased by a pack of wolves in,

The winter...

Only way to survive is to keep moving


No comments:

Post a Comment