Sunday, November 22, 2015

DayDreamin'

Imagine sweet dreams on a bed of nails,
Then being woken up by the hour glass time clock,
To an unpredictable day with ambition,
Routine mission,
Working towards the things I'm wishing,

Trippin' over milestones, set back by brainfreeze,
Wheeze, as I breathz,
Hyperventilating off anxiety,
Exciting me,
My life's finally takin' off right in front of me,
Birthday wishes & shootin' stars comin' thru,
Dad's encouraging words, always true...

He told me one day I would make it,
Write all my thoughts down and never fake it,
Be true to self, Lord knows above,
This gift I have, ordained with love.


Young, old, no name, fame,
If you never try, you'll never be,
But left to blame,

Kick back on timelines progressing history,
Fast forward to today cuz the presents meant to be,
Float like a butterfly, quake like the earth,
Potential is the limit,
Been prepared since birth,

Write about the man who's proposing to his lady,
Or about the one who went stone cold crazy,
Share a lessons learned, teach kiddies to behave,
Or stupidity will rock them to sleep in early graves,
I'm not an expert, just enjoy story telling,

I'm def with selective hearin,
So please stop the yellin,
Brushin up on skills,
Time to kill like a felon,

Suburban country girl, no fake accent,
Mature immaturity,
Brown skin minority,
No click or sorority,
Halal snackin eatery,

Wipe bullshiz off my shoes after we cross paths,
Stepping through your mind thinking I won't last,
Might be a season but my words are life long,
Question,
How'd what started this poem,
End up like a song?










No comments:

Post a Comment