Thursday, February 9, 2017

Wishful Unthinking

Poem:
Back at it, bad habit
Contradicting my own hypothesis,
Swing and a miss, smoke cannabis till I'm calm and convinced I'm okay,
Gucci shades hide my shame in the shadow of pain as my,
Eyes cry things get blury,
Trying to see clearly,
The hiccup in my actions,
The mimic of reactions,
Makin' old shit brand new again,
Reruns start from beginning,
Still didn't get the point but i understood,
Makin big plans,
Never follow through,
Makin excuse as to why I failed,
Same ol' bill, wantin new mail...
This time i can see the signs,
New direction, fresh state of mind,
Confident, i got this thang,
Avoid life's runway, walk of shame,
Movin on, done wastin time,
Confusion who? Ain't got no time,
No more pausing on rewind for answers that I'll never find,
To questions i should never asked,
Bout the peaceful time that passed,
Bout that time I thought I lost,
Sanity was the cost,
Puttin forth a new edition,
Of an old school hyped up vision,
Bout a place I'd rather be,
Top of the world, living free.


No comments:

Post a Comment