Monday, December 18, 2017

Workin' Class

How can I be broke, but have enough money,
Not have enough but, just barely make it,
Barely make it, and paid bills,
Barely paid bills, because I barely made it,


Paycheck, to paycheck...

More like,
Paycheck, take half, save and apply it to the next paycheck,
Cut that payment in half, to pay that bill, until the next,

Paycheck.

Had enough of this sick carnival ride,
Corporate genocide, glorified slaves in the free world,

Afraid that my card will be declined,
If the change I thought I had, was spent on gas instead,
To get to the store, to buy food I may not have enough for,

When will working become pleasurable in so-called family-oriented companies,

Who cares about your families,
And pay you what your worth,
Treat you like your family, not expendable,

Appreciate long hours, instead of acting like your taking their money...

Like you want to be there instead of doing homework with your babies,
Missing that PTA meeting, because there's work to be done,
Showing up on Saturday,
When the bosses sleep in and enjoy the day.

Is it my fault that I don't have a plan,
Didn't know what it entailed, or why it made a difference,
Didn't know that I mattered until I realized this life isn't for me,
Potentially, CEO of my own family-oriented company,

Make hard work look easy and desirably comfortable,
Bustin' ass side by side with those whom I employed.
We're all appreciated and can't do this thing without you,
Let me show my appreciation, buy showing my gratitude.

I'll show up on Saturday, with breakfast for my crew,
Offer overtime, if times are tough for you,
I'll understand you family emergencies,
And offer my assistance to help support your needs.

That day hasn't come, but I'm certain it will,
Employment for spots I need to fill,
In my company I'll hope you'll agree,
That the struggle is over, my offer to society.


No comments:

Post a Comment