Tuesday, September 23, 2014

..Not Done Yet

Can't believe I'm here..

Took a while and some discouraging words,

Oh i'm sure you heard,

What they say,

They say that i'm too this,

And i'm too that but,

Little do they know, they're right!

I am all that they could never be and then

Some..

I am the disappointment to ones who gave up,

The envy of lip service,

And feared by those who I've past.

Little do they know,

I'm still me

From the top of my dome,

To the tip of my toe,

I'm all me baby..

I ain't never change,

Just learned my own game,

Enhanced my skills,

Yes, God blessed me to build

Words out of verbs and,

Smooth action like nouns,

How profound am i to me,

A sophisticated lady,

Food stampeded for a while,

Got a couple Similac childs,

Been beat, then beat ass,

Got cheated on and still,

Won,

Some of yall know where,

I'm comin from.

Not egotistical,

Keep tight on the elliptical

No competition,

I'm my own,

Pay attention

Yes I mentioned,

That,

Little do they see,

I love being me,

From the triumphs and

Tragedies,

Work in progress,

Watch me proceed.


No comments:

Post a Comment