Monday, January 12, 2015

..MighT be YOU...

Pickett fences, surround the house of the,

American Dream successor,

Professor, graduated, on time with classmates,

Career sets off in the right direction at the right time,

Cat, dog, daughter, son spouse and,

All'a that...

Accomplished is where its at...


I never did, nor have I diverted from the path of success,

To my distress,

College was far fetched when family happened first.

Got a cute apartment and a part time job,

Part time drug dealer was babies part time,

Dad...

American Dream is what I had,

But wondered why I struggled to make it,

Did the best I could, then I

Tried to fake it,



Make it, seem as if everything was going in the right,

Direction..

Connection to confusion,

In a battle I was loosing, trying to attain this,

Dream, beginning at age 18.


My life didn't look like it did on TV,

Even after I copied them cuz,

I knew it could be me..


No one ever told me life takes different turns,

And you can arrive at the same place, 

Not always at the same time.

With that in mind...


I am that poor young single mother,

On welfare,

Who cares,

Got a job and clean credit,

Some lifestyle changes had to edit,

Bout to move in to a house with mortgage,

Oh, no, not a landlord,

I'm paying for it,


Never finished college but tried like hell,

Wasn't good at it cuz,

I couldn't spell

I can write though,

I'm cute and witty,

Adaptation in my blood,

From country to City.


Keep God in the forefront,

Negativity in back,

I'm accomplishing the "American Dream"

Chased through the front door and,

Out the back,


Sling shottin' my past,

Into the future,

Revivin' dreams that got knocked out,

By systematic society,

Priority, is to continue til,

The last breath in me,


Inshallah...


I will attain, the status,

That's always been,

Growin' right inside of me,

Always been, a super force,

In the making,

Takin' what God gave me,

And generatin' how its,

Meant to be,

My assistance, is

Temporary,


Yeah, I said it,

To the lifers,

Sounds scary,

Didn't bore babies to continue a trend,

Of conditioning their dependence,

Making HUD a lifetime goal of,

Children who are women and men,

By gender,

Surrender,

 And make a way to live out side,

The circle,

That's makin' you dizzy,

And pukin up purple,


Haze, dazed by the American Dream,

That's just a blue print,

Of a strategy,

Subject to change,

If you move strategically !





1 comment: